A wise man once said in the movie, “Aren’t we just leaving this party?”
In some respects, it looks as though Tottenham Hotspur have finalized Norwich City 5-0 to take fourth and such a vital place in the Champions League. Now, it’s August, and we’re ready to go into the 2022-23 Premier League kick-off.
Spurs opened their campaign against Southampton and are expected to play at least two of their illustrious little cars, including veteran full back Ivan Perisic. Clement Lenglet might get a nod at LCB too given that Ben Davies is still working on fitness. We could see alternate appearances from the likes of Yves Bisuma and Richarlison as well. [Ed: Richarlison is suspended for this match, whoops]
Southampton’s summer wasn’t bad, although it may have been a bit disappointing for the south coast club. They have focused on youngsters in their transfers as the top four players, in terms of cost, are 20 or younger. We’ll see if the Saints plan to integrate them right away or give them time with the youngsters before they raise them, but there is no notable signature for a team that needs some revamping.
Antonio Conte has spent the past few weeks speaking like a man on a mission and buying into the whole long-term future of Tottenham. The best way to start things off is to get three points, so let’s do just that.
how to watch
Tottenham Hotspur vs Southampton
Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, London, England
When: 3:00pm UK time, 10:00am EST
Television: no one
flow: Peacock (USA), Dazen (Canada)
Match the rules of the topic
The rules of the game theme are the same as always. We welcome you for any visitor coming here for the first time! We are glad to have you here! Wipe your feet, pay attention to the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages of this premium site. While you are here, we have some rules and regulations:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They are bad and get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity”. Nobody likes negative Nancy. Don’t worry and post weird or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- As such, outright abuse of players or match officials is not permitted. It’s fine to say “Wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s not okay to direct large amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you didn’t like.
- Treat the other people in the match series the way you want someone else to treat your grandmother. be nice. This is a fan community, not an unmoderated message board.
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and check swear words. Also, language that is sexist, racist, anti-transgender or anti-homophobic will be deleted quickly and you will be banned immediately. This is an open and supportive community.
Enjoy, and COYS!