Get up and shine, Tuscaloosa! Grab a coffee and let’s kick off our Wednesday morning with the hottest headlines from around town.
First, today’s weather: Partly sunny. High: 78 | Low: 52. 🌥
📢 Looking for business owners and marketers in Tuscaloosa Who want to build awareness, connect with customers and increase sales.
I have a limited number of sponsorships available to introduce Tuscaloosa Daily readers to the local businesses they need to know about. If that’s you, I invite you to find out more and secure your place now.
🗣 Shout out patch 🗣
Our shout-out for this Wednesday morning goes to Northside High School superstar Hartley Rice, who has signed a softball scholarship to play college softball for the Northwest Florida Raiders.
🗞 Here are the top 5 stories of the day in Tuscaloosa 🗞
- Tuscaloosa City Schools will host the second Community Feedback Forum at Northridge High School on Thursday, November 3, which follows a similar event it hosted last month. (Tuscaloosa patch)
- Go ahead and be happy! The It announced that it has reopened all lanes on Highway 20/59 under the Covered Bridge Road in Tuscaloosa County. (Emily Benito, WVUA News 23)
- The City of Tuscaloosa is once again accepting applications for live music performances for the 2023 Druid City Festival of the Arts. (Tuscaloosa patch)
- Visit Tuscaloosa and this week the city of Northport announced the inaugural online fishing tournament Hooked on Northport Black Warrior River Bass Classic. (Tuscaloosa patch)
- After completing the best regular season in program history, Alabama’s No. 3 ball is looking to win its first SEC title this week. Don’t miss this coverage. (Will Miller, Crimson White)
Today T-Mobile brings you Tuscaloosa Daily. T-Mobile has invested billions to light its best ever network, covering 99% of the people in America with LTE, helping to keep communities like ours informed and connected. We thank T-Mobile for their support and for making today’s Tuscaloosa Daily possible.
🗓 Today in Tuscaloosa 🗓
- Bingo Night @ Copper Top (more)
- Ribbon Cut 2022 @ Taylor Harden Safe Medical Facility (more)
- Trivia in the world of beer – Tuscaloosa (more)
- Wed s board game @ all the way to the game (more)
❤️ Our partners in the media ❤️
Tuscaloosa Patch is proud to be a media partner with WVUA 23 News at the University of Alabama and Radio Tuscaloosa. Watch their great content and our headlines here and there on your cable provider, online and for our radio partners, on the following stations: 92.1 The Possum, 102.1 WJRD, Rock 106.3 and 96.1 The Blessing.
5️⃣ Other stories to read today
- The biggest performance of the Nut Dancers ever at the Tuscaloosa Community Dancers returns in December (Brittany Marshall, Tuscaloosa Thread)
- Inside the end of Brian Harsin’s tenure in Auburn (Newbies Wellborn, AL.com)
- Scenes, sounds from the second Alabama practice of LSU Game Week (Charlie Potter, BamaOnline)
- Merrill appeals voter list ruling; Federal judge rejects fee request (Josh Moon, Alabama political reporter)
- Brian Kelly joined LSU to defeat Alabama soccer player Nick Saban. Could Kelly win the first year? (Nick Kelly, Tuscaloosa News)
Thanks for following up and staying informed! I will see you soon.
Do you have a news tip or suggestion for your next Tuscaloosa Daily? Contact me at [email protected]